Monday, September 29, 2008

Menu and Grocery List

Menu for the week:

Monday: Grilled Veggies with Pasta (because that didn't happen last Thursday)
Tuesday: Bison Burgers on Squash Yeast Rolls
Wednesday: Sweet Potato Quesadillas
Thursday: Leaving open for ideas from CSA box. Possibly a frittata or something that uses lots of eggs!
Friday: Butternut Squash and Hazelnut Lasagne
Saturday: I'm not cooking day
Sunday: Roasted Chicken

Hopefully on Wednesday I'll make the Jewish Apple Cake (hmm...maybe I'll take it to playgroup on Thursday, wherever that may be!). I also want to make more yogurt on Tuesday and chocolate pudding some time later in the week---maybe Thursday evening as I am watching the VP debate.

The corresponding grocery list:
YoBaby yogurt
organic whole milk
local non-homogenized milk
organic honey nut o's cereal
organic shredded oat squares cereal
bison burgers (I got a pound and a half free with a coupon! Yippee!!)
whole wheat bread
flour tortillas (they were all out of whole wheat). :(
organic onions
a few mushrooms
a small block of mozzarella
fontina cheese
organic OJ
and my impulse buy--a bar of dark chocolate with coffee to stash in a drawer for "emergencies."

I also bought a plant--onion chives. I hope to plant that and my other herbs this morning (I recently bought a sage and dill plant. I know I shouldn't buy dill because it supposedly grows from seed really easily, but last time I planted seeds, none came up).

No comments: