Thursday, January 7, 2010

Grapefruit Vinaigrette


We are inundated with greens right now. While, I often stick to my easy standby of store bought dressing, sometimes I want something different. Very rarely I find a store bought vinaigrette that both Curtis and I like, and I find it's much easier to make my own. I was excited to find a recipe that used grapefruit, which are easy to find both at the grocery store and farmer's markets right now.

This recipe couldn't be any easier. I mixed the vinaigrette in an old (clean, don't worry) dijon mustard jar, but any small jelly type jar works great. We had this on top of an arugula and spinach mix. It was tasty, but not overpowering.

Grapefruit Vinaigrette
from Bon Appetit

2 T freshly squeezed grapefruit juice
1 T white wine vinegar
1/4 c extra virgin olive oil

Pour grapefruit juice and vinegar into a small glass jar. Shake briefly. Add oil and vigorously shake into vinaigrette is well blended. Pour immediately over greens (particularly good with arugula). This makes enough for 4 servings.

No comments: