Wednesday, January 13, 2010

New Michael Pollan book

As those of you who follow this blog regularly know, I love Michael Pollan, Mark Bittman, and in general the New York Times Food/Health sections. In my weekly perusing of the NYT Food section, I stumbled across an interview with Michael Pollan about his new book: Food Rules: An Eater's Manual. In this small book, Pollan has compiled a list of 64 food rules to follow for a healthy lifestyle. Pollan asked NYT readers to share their food rules--a lot are based in cultural and familial traditions (as in, "My grandmother always said....") I loved these and agree with many of them. Some I know I need more work on, especially his basic, "Eat Mostly Plants" rule (somehow, we have reverted to eating lots of meat this winter....). My two favorite rules? "You don't get fat on food you pray over" and "Eat all the junk food you want, as long as you cook it yourself." I am looking forward to reading the book and seeing all 64 food rules.

Click here to see an interactive link of 20 of his rules.

No comments: