Sunday, July 19, 2009

Absence Explained

Sorry about my 2 1/2 week absence, between being out of town, having my brother in town, and trying to get a better night's sleep, the blog has fallen to the wayside. I have been relying on a lot of old recipes the past couple of weeks, but have recently started trying some new ones. Here's what I've been cooking:

Grilled, herb marinated chicken breasts on pasta with black olives and feta
Ribeye and T-Bone steak and potatoes
Skirt steaks with poblano rajas and zucchini with cumin roasted potatoes
Cuban chicken thighs and rice (basically arroz con pollo)

Coming up: Leftovers/Sandwiches for lunch
Sunday: Caponata on Pasta
Monday: Mushroom pizza

I suspect this coming week's menu will have more meat---I haven't gotten around to renewing my CSA subscription yet (must do that next!). Left from my box are eggplants for the caponata, a large zucchini, a whole bunch of mild hot peppers, bell peppers, and potatoes. We'll see how that can help me last until we get our new box.

Hopefully baby will keep sleeping and I will get back to posting recipes!

No comments: