Thursday, July 2, 2009

In the CSA Box this Week

Summer loving! We got:

a cantaloupe
potatoes
chard
a bunch of mint
a bunch of parsley
a bunch of basil
5 lb bag of San Marzano tomatoes
3 zucchini/yellow squash
3 cucumbers
2 onions
2 bell peppers
a couple of eggplant
a massive amount of assorted hot peppers
a dozen eggs

On the menu:
Wednesday: Beef and Mushrooms over noodles (I know using nothing from the box, but I had left over uncooked meat from kebabs on Monday I needed to use).
Thursday: Oven Dried Tomato Tart
Friday: leftovers or something with chard
Saturday: Beef Fajitas with homemade salsa (and, of course, grilled peppers and onions)
Sunday: Lunch-leftovers, Supper-Ratatouille
Monday: leftovers or something with chard
Tuesday: Cooking break (plus no box next Wednesday--the blog will be rather quiet from Wednesday until Sunday more than likely)

For the things not included in the menu---the mint has already been made into tea. The potatoes are collecting in my pantry (I need to start using those!!). The cucumbers are sides for suppers or snacks for M. The cantaloupe will be dessert tonight. I have no idea what is happening with all those peppers. It would help if I knew what kinds they were. Some look like very ripe (red) poblanos. I left the bag of jalapeno looking peppers. I just won't use those. That pretty much takes care of everything!

No comments: