Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Orange Sauce

I made an orange cake last weekend that was ok. I didn't love it and I may or may not make the cake again. If you are interested, the recipe is here.

What impressed me was the orange sauce that went on top of it (well, to be exact, it goes on top of the whipped cream that what on top of the cake). I loved the orange sauce. The rest of the family did too. The cake was gone before the sauce and I ended up eating the sauce on top of chocolate ice cream (oh my goodness!!) and on top of pancakes. I will make the orange sauce again!

Orange Sauce
from Bon Appetit

1 c fresh orange juice
1 1/2 T cornstarch
2 T butter
1/4 c sugar
1 T grated orange peel

Whisk juice and cornstarch in a small bowl until cornstarch dissolves. Melt butter in a small heavy saucepan over medium-high heat. Whisk in sugar, orange peel and orange juice mixture. Whisk until sauce boils and thickens slightly, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat and cool.

No comments: