Monday, March 22, 2010

Excuses, Excuses, Excuses

Alas my friends, I have been a blogger slacker. May I blame it on spring fever? No? Well, how about planting a garden? (Woohoo!! We now have a raised bed in our front yard with 6 transplanted tomato plants--4 different kinds of heirlooms, 3 transplanted pepper plants, zinnias and nasturium seeds planted, and arugula seeds planted). Does cooking meals for 4 beautiful, brand new babies (well, actually they're families--the babies weren't up for it yet) in the past month or so count for anything? How about the fact that I've actually been cooking more or less just off the recipes on this blog instead of finding new ones? I've been uninspired and have just made the beloved recipes I had neglected in my hunt for new, shinier, tastier, ones.

Here's some of the tried and true recipes I've been making:

Spinach Manicotti (which my almost 5 year old daughter mostly made herself!)
Japanese Noodles with Tofu, Bok Choy, and Carrots
Handheld Pot Pies
Roasted Chicken Quarters with Cumin Roasted Carrots
Reuben Sandwiches
Lasagna
Shrimp Scampi
Pulled Chicken Sandwiches
Orange Cinnamon Rolls
Scallion Pancakes (with Spaghetti and Pasta Sauce--didn't really go together but we didn't care)

I also tried some recipes that I don't want to make again, so I'll not take them time to inspire you to make them when I thought they were just mediocre. Of course, I also made the new recipes that have been on the blog, plus a few more I haven't shared yet. Hopefully, I will avoid yard work long enough the next few days to get some more recipes posted. Or maybe I just need to put down the new book I've started reading. :)

No comments: