Thursday, October 2, 2008

To please the public...

I am now trying to include pictures of finished products, produce, or other things I talk about. My sister informed I was too text heavy and needed to reformat my layout. Rather than reformatting my layout, I decided it would be easier to just start adding pictures.

I feel like I must add a disclaimer about my pictures. It is really hard to take good pictures of food! Getting the angle and the lighting right eludes me most of the time, so please accept my sorry attempts at photography! When possible, I will talk Curtis into taking the pictures because he does a much better job (his picture was off the veggies, mine was of the cake).

Feel free to ask questions if I use a word you don't know or understand or if you are just wondering what a certain vegetable looks like. I still need to look up what julienned means when I still use it in a recipe, so it would be nice if it was just explained in the recipe. When I first joined the CSA I was constantly looking up veggies in cookbooks trying to identify what the mystery produce may be. I at first mistook swiss chard (a leafy green with sometimes red stems, it can be used as cooked spinach) for rhubarb (a red stalk that is used in pies and sometimes as a thickener). We're all friends here! (or at least friends of friends). :)

No comments: