Monday, January 12, 2009

Cabbage Tacos

I knew when I chose tonight's meal the kids wouldn't eat it. The cabbage wasn't as much a problem as the salsa (and black beans in M's case). The kids had cheese quesadillas. In addition to the cabbage tacos, I also pulled some peas out of the freezer. Everyone was rather happy for their addition to the meal. M and J ate lots and lots of peas. I guess I need to just break down and buy some frozen peas at the grocery store more often. This is an easy meal that makes cabbage not taste like cabbage. Both Curtis and I enjoy these. One recipe would easily feed 4 adults.

Cabbage Tacos
1 red onion, sliced
1 bell pepper, sliced (optional)
4 c cabbage, sliced (either red or white cabbage works fine)
1 c salsa
1 15-oz can black beans

Saute onions and bell peppers in oil until tender. Add cabbage and salsa and cook until cabbage is tender. Stir in black beans and cook until heated through. Serve in tortillas and top with shredded cheese and sour cream.

No comments: