Wednesday, January 14, 2009

In this week's CSA box

Lots of leafy greens and things from the cabbage family again this week. What we found in our box:

Beet greens and baby beets (again, I am just saving the beets.....not the greens)
a bunch of bok choy
a small head of tatsoi
broccoli rabe
cauliflower
cabbage
a few broccoli florets
a bunch of kale
a bunch of tender pea shoots
a bunch of flat leaf parsley
3 grapefruit
2 oranges

Tentative menu for the next few days. Hopefully I'll come up with a full menu tomorrow:
Wednesday: Kale and Sausage Soup
Thursday: Rumpledethumps (a cabbage and potato casserole)
Friday: Bok Choy stir fry

M and I will eat the grapefruits for breakfast and the kids will eat oranges for snacks.
I plan on making my greens and cheese sandwiches again for lunches (mmmm!)
I need to look at some of my broccoli and cauliflower recipes to fill out the menu until our next box.

No comments: