Monday, January 26, 2009

Crispy Tuscan Kale

I attempted to make roasted kale for a third time today and I am most pleased with these results. I used the small, thin kale with relatively flat leaves, also known as Tuscan Kale. I found in the recipe in February's Bon Appetit magazine. The recipe and a picture are also available online at epicurious.com.

I cut out the long center stem and then just tossed the halves with some olive oil and sprinkled with salt and pepper. I think the baking temperature was the key difference than the earlier roasted kale I had made. This recipe suggested roasting the kale at 250 for 30 - 33 minutes. I like the crispiness achieved at this temp/time much better and will definitely use this recipe again. It made a nice substitute for potato chips with the reuben sandwich I made for lunch today.

1 comment:

Kate G. said...

I liked it! I should have taken a few home to try on the big kid. Kinda like a light and crispy green potato chip.