Wednesday, February 18, 2009

In the CSA box today

I am going to need to change my menu a little---I got no spinach. How sad. That's easy to remedy at the farmers market, but I'll need to wait until Saturday (because we can't make the FM today). In the box:

2 grapefruit
2 oranges
a head of broccoli + a bunch of loose florets
two heads of Romanesco cauliflower
a stem of brussel sprouts
fresh mint
fresh parsley
a dozen eggs
a small bunch of kale
a small head of bok choy
a beautiful bunch of bright orange carrots.

Changes to the menu are slight:

Friday: Probably a stir fry dish using the broccoli
Saturday: Pasta Carbonara Florentine with a side of roasted cauliflower and brussel sprouts (I'll need to go snip some rosemary from one of the very public rosemary bushes)

I suspect the carrots will go quickly between Curtis and M. I plan using the grapefruit from a yummy looking Grapefruit Yogurt cake from Joy the Baker (again, I love her website!!!). I think I may roast the kale again, that was a great snack and we are short on snacks these days.

I am excited about the herbs as well. It is taking some getting used not being able to just go out a trim a fresh herb for a meal. I bought some parsley, cilantro and mint at the farmer's market on Saturday that I hope to plant tomorrow. I think I found a good spot for them....we'll see how they do. It, unfortunately, takes a few years for me to find the perfect spot for herbs.

No comments: