Thursday, February 12, 2009

Paprika Chicken

We have "the sickness" at our house, so I am going to keep this very brief. I made the Hungarian Paprika Chicken from the Joy the Baker website tonight (there's even a nice picture of the dish). For those of us who could taste our food, it was a big hit. For those of us who couldn't, there was nothing to complain about it. It's an easy meal. I thought it could use more seasoning, but I am one of those who couldn't taste her food. It could have just been that my paprika was old (you shouldn't let spices hang out in your cabinet for very long....they lose their flavor quickly). Needless to say, M ate two chicken thighs.

One nice thing about this meal, is that it is very inexpensive to make. Chicken thighs are one of the cheaper cuts of chicken. I paid $2.30/pound for organic chicken. Not bad.

We'll definitely make this again when we can all taste things.

No comments: