Monday, February 9, 2009

Menu for Week

This week's menu has more meat than usual. We have another week off from our CSA box and so I don't have an overabundance of veggies to plan around. I've used most of my vegetables from last week's box already (I'll explain what I did with everything). I am not sure if I'll be able to be in my kitchen this afternoon or not, the workers are finishing everything up so we can get our final inspection on Wednesday. I am guessing tonight's dish will be put on hold, I don't see how they are going to get done by the time we need to eat supper!

Here's the menu for the past several days and the coming week:

Thursday: Tuna Tostadas
Friday: I didn't cook (couldn't get in my kitchen)
Saturday: Reuben sandwiches or PB& J for lunch with oranges and baby carrots from our old garden. Dinner: Black Olive and Mushroom Pizza (M's choice of toppings)
Sunday: Fettuccine with Greens (I made some adaptations I need to blog about!) and sliced tomatoes
Monday: Cabbage Bread Soup (Valle d'Aosta Soup)
Tuesday: Lasagne and a vegetable (unsure of that one yet)
Wednesday: leftovers
Thursday: Hungarian Paprika Chicken on noodles with a side of braised root vegetables
Friday: Cabbage Bread Soup if I don't make it today or something other dish TBD
Saturday: Roasted Chicken and Vegetables

I have discovered my new favorite food blog: Joy the Baker. It's mostly baking, but the paprika chicken recipe I am trying this week is from her. I like her style of writing and I love the great pictures of the mostly desserts she makes. I am a sucker for baking of any sort so this is right up my alley. Speaking of baking, we are slowly breaking in our new kitchen by making some old standbys: Cowboy Cookies last Thursday (we make one tray at a time, so we get many days of fresh, warm cookies!) and Coffee Cake Sunday morning for breakfast. I am slowly feeling like I am moved in here. I just need to make chocolate pudding to truly initiate the kitchen.

No comments: