Wednesday, April 1, 2009

In the CSA box today

After getting a sparse box last week, this week's box was loaded. Yay! That will make meal decisions considerably easier for the week.

In the box:
mint
parsley
a couple of bags of swiss chard (I traded my radishes for one)
4 small kohlrabi
3 small tomatoes
1 grapefruit
2 oranges (why didn't I leave those in the trade box?)
a few asparagus
kale
collards
1/4 lb of spinach
3 beets
a small bunch of bok choy

The menu I have thus far:
Wednesday: Spaghetti Carbonara Florentine
Thursday: Ham and Asparagus Quiche with a side of beets
Friday: Chard and Chicken Enchiladas with Salsa Fresca
Saturday: Kale Fettucine
Sunday: Not sure--I need something for a church potluck---we'll see what I can figure out
Monday: White Bean Soup
Tuesday: Not sure

I am not sure what will happen with the kohlrabi, bok choy and collards yet. Mint will become tea tomorrow and I used about half a bunch of parsley tonight for the spaghetti carbonara florentine tonight.

No comments: