Thursday, June 25, 2009

Summer We-Just-Got-Our-Box and I-Am-Tired Pasta

By Wednesday afternoon, I was exhausted and didn't feel like cooking. I was a little overwhelmed with the monotony of the box and summer produce and just wanted so simple comfort food. I remembered you can't go wrong with tomatoes, basil, and black olives so I went to work making my own pasta, easy for a tired, hot day. I also think of this as my Margharita Pasta (like an Italian Margharita pizza). The family loved it and I suspect I'll make it again and again. (The exhaustion directly contributes to the lack of photos...) When I named this, I thought of the movie Waitress and the wonderful pie names. This pasta follows in that vein (but not nearly as creative as her pies).

Summer We-Just-Got-Our-Box and I-Am-Tired Pasta

8 oz cappellini
2 T olive oil
1 clove of garlic, minced
2 -3 Roma (or San Marzano) tomatoes, chopped
2 - 3 T fresh basil, chopped
2 - 3 T black olives, sliced
Parmesan cheese, grated

Cook cappellini in a large pot of boiling water until al dente. Meanwhile, saute garlic in olive oil until garlic is fragrant. When pasta is al dente, toss with garlic and olive oil. Gently stir in tomatoes, basil, and black olives. Grate fresh parmesan cheese over top.

No comments: