Sunday, September 6, 2009

What we've Been Eating Lately

It's been awhile since I've done a week's menu. I thought I'd include some of the things we've been eating lately since a lot of them are repeated menus, in case you've forgotten them and need some dinner ideas.

When my beef-lovin'-summer-squash/eggplant-hesistant cousins were here:
Pecan Crusted Salmon with Mango, Black Bean Salsa, Green beans, and Rice
Italian Meatloaf and Peas
Shortcut Moussaka and a green vegetable
Beef with Zucchini Enchiladas and Rice (recipe coming)
Grilled Pizza--one pepperoni and cheese and one mushroom, green olive, black olive, and pepperoni pizza

This past week:
Hotdogs with Baked Beans and Peas
Summer Pasta with Beans and Sausage with Arugula Pecan Salad (I used canned diced tomatoes and omitted the roasted garlic this time for the pasta)
Pasta with Mushrooms
Thai Beef Basil Stir Fry (recipe coming)
Arroz con Pollo (I used the chorizo and the correct amount of marinade. My piminetos had grown mold, so I sliced some green olives on top instead).
Potato and Sausage Gratin and green beans
Smoked Burgers with Roasted Potatoes and Bush's Baked beans with Cappuccino Brownies for dessert (recipe coming for the Smoked Burgers and Cappuccino Brownies

Plus, we've snacked on an apple custard tart (didn't love the recipe, so I am not adding it), granola bars, apple cake, Queen of Sheba cake (recipe will be coming at some point), cucumber slices, baba ganoush and pita, apples dipped in almond butter, and frozen grapes (a great snack for hot days--just freeze a bunch of grapes and eat once they're crunchy). We've also made bread a time or two and blueberry jam muffins (with both blueberry and blueberry jam that I froze earlier in the summer) for breakfast.Whew. I think that sums up our past two weeks of eating.

No comments: