Monday, October 19, 2009

What We've Been Eating Lately

I've gotten behind here. Sorry about that my friends! As I sleep less, I seem to post less. Funny how that works. Here's what I've been cooking the past couple of weeks (I'll remember as much as I can--sorry if I can't remember everything!)

Eggplant Parmesan (I had some ricotta I needed to use so I dotted each eggplant layer with some ricotta cheese before adding the other cheeses. Mmmm, more cheese.)
Sweet Potato Burritos
Lamb and Eggplant Shepherd's Pie (my new go-to cold, rainy day comfort food. This time though I made it with stew meat in a 9 x 9" pan and it was fabulous!)
Pecan Crusted Salmon
Vegetarian Chili with Cashews
Penne with Sun-dried Tomatoes and Arugula
Old Bay Seasoned Fish and Vegetables
Spinach and Feta Focaccia
Burgers and Sweet Potato Fries
Brisket
Pizza

Plus:
Sweet Potato Biscuits
Pecan Sour Cream Biscuits
Almond Scones
Pumpkin Whoopie Pies
Pumpkin Chocolate Cheesecake (I had a hard time finding chocolate wafer cookies, so I bought a package of oreos, scraped the white filling out, and just used the chocolate cookie part in the crust. It worked great.)
Whole Wheat Bread (I am using honey instead of brown sugar now.)
Brioche
Eggplant and Arugula Sandwich
Hummus

No comments: