Wednesday, December 10, 2008

In this week's CSA box


A head of cabbage
a head of tatsoi
a bunch of collards
2 grapefruits
3 oranges
two bunches of radishes (I got a bunch from the trade box)
a small bunch of cilantro
a small bunch of mint
two sweet potatoes
a large bag of mixed field greens (for salads)

Mmm....I think the recipe for the rest of the week may look like this:

Wednesday: Sun-dried tomato soup with Oatmeal muffins and a salad
Thursday: Possibly a meatloaf with a salad or a cabbage main dish (possibly cabbage tacos?)
Friday: leftovers (my fridge is full!!)
Saturday: shrimp and tatsoi stir fry
Sunday: an egg dish--omelet or egg sandwiches
Monday: something with lots of collards---maybe a Spanish Bean Soup
Tuesday: we'll see what's left and decide then.

I have been stashing my sweet potatoes for Christmas. We are having lots of out of town family coming in and I hope to have enough sweet potatoes to make a sweet potato and apple dish. I miss arugula and broccoli. I may need to pick up a little of each of those at the farmer's market on Saturday. We'll see. M and J have enjoyed oranges for snacks. I would like to see if I can't find a recipe for something with grapefruit because they are multiplying on my counter. I love grapefruit, I just don't like the work involved with eating them.

1 comment:

Jason said...

If your grapefruit situation gets too dire, you have my address.