Monday, December 22, 2008

Menu for the Week

As we all know, it's Christmas week. For me that means lots of family coming into town. Here's what we are planning on eating. I am going to try to post daily, but I can't promise anything. :)

Sunday (I know it's past, but it was an awesome meal so I need to tell about it!): Roasted Chicken, Collard Greens with Sauce, Mashed Potatoes, and Chocolate Bread Pudding with Caramel Pecan Sauce for dessert. I hope to post about the bread pudding sometime today....
Monday: Sallie (mother-in-law) is cooking supper---probably tortilla soup using some of the broth and leftover chicken from Sunday's roasted chicken
Tuesday: Mizutaki (mmm....a Japanese one pot, cook at the table meal which is perfect for winter vegetables)
Wednesday (Christmas Eve): Bread and cheese platter, fresh citrus and apples, hard salami, and green punch and probably popcorn for the kids
Thursday (Christmas): Orange Cinnamon Rolls and fruit salad (for breakfast before opening presents). The rest of the day we will probably have leftovers--we will be switching out guests and I suspect all will need some rest...
Friday: Roasted Brined Turkey, Sweet Potatoes and Apples, a green salad, bread stuffing, cranberry salsa, and pies (plus whatever else my family decides they need for their Christmas meal)

After Friday I hope to have my family sign up/volunteer to cook some meals over the weekend and the following week. We'll make a farmer's market trip on Saturday to stock up on veggies since there is no CSA box this week. It's a busy food time!

No comments: