Wednesday, March 4, 2009

In the CSA box today

The box was a little sparse today, but there are weeks like that periodically. I am going to need to supplement the box with some produce from the Farmer's Market, like chard and spinach, but I like excuses to go to the Farmer's Market!

In the box:
a small bunch of spinach
a beautiful bunch of larger carrots
an avocado (grown organically in South Texas)
two grapefruit
a couple of oranges
a bunch of parsley
a bunch of mint
broccoli florets
a cabbage (always, cabbage....)
a small bunch of kale
a bag of salad greens
plus a bunch of radishes I left behind


Not many changes to the menu, I made the broccoli stir fry tonight. I think tomorrow we will have pizza and a salad. I am going to save the swiss chard tart for the weekend. We'll see.

No comments: