Wednesday, March 11, 2009

In the CSA box today

I missed getting carrots this week. I left a bunch of radishes in the trade box and took an extra bag of mixed greens for salads---now I am wondering why, but it seemed like an awfully good idea at the time! Need to eat lots of salads this week!

2 bags mixed greens
1 small bag of arugula
1 bunch of chard
1 grapefruit
2 oranges (I am done with oranges! They are accumulating here rather quickly!)
a large bunch of parsley
a large bunch of mint
a small bag of spinach
a cluster of young green garlic
2!!! small heads of cabbage
1 large tomato
a dozen eggs


I used some of the parsley tonight for Cioppino. The mint will become tea. The chard will become another swiss chard tart. The grapefruit will become grapefruit cake. I am using the garlic in place of the dried garlic bulbs I normally buy at the store. I need to figure what the spinach and arugula will become. I think we'll have another chef salad night this weekend to use some of the salad (and I will remember to post the strawberry vinegarette). I need to come up with a menu to post---hopefully in the next day or two. I love the produce this time of year! (except for the lingering cabbage---it's the gift that keeps on giving....).

No comments: