Monday, March 2, 2009

Menu for Week

Can I blame my sporadic blogging on being 33 weeks pregnant? Energy levels are diminishing quickly and I am finding myself conserving my energy for the essentials. Sorry for the lack of consistency. I'll try to do better, but can promise nothing at this point (and the points forward).

Menu for the week:
Sunday: Cabbage Bread Soup, which is quickly becoming a definition of comfort food for Curtis and I. J ate the cabbage this time and with some motivation (cake and ice cream) M ate most of hers (she decided last night she didn't like wet bread. Silly girl).
Monday: Swiss Chard Burritos and Brussel Sprouts Gratin
Tuesday: Braised Collards with White Beans
Wednesday: Swiss Chard tart
Thursday: Broccoli and Tofu Stir Fry with Cashews (served over rice)
Friday: Parent's Night Out---kids eat at church--woohoo!

I am excited about the increased frequency of spinach and chard. I enjoyed looking through my cookbook this afternoon and dreaming about spinach/chard dishes (I use the two interchangeably in recipes that have cooked spinach/chard in them). I am also looking forward to the start of strawberry season. It looks like the Marble Falls location of Sweet Berry Farms is opening March 12. That isn't too far away! They were actually open last weekend (only) for the first picking and expect to be opened full time in the middle of March. We'll see if I can manage to pick strawberries in my enlarged, pregnant state. I know the kids will be able to! :)

No comments: